Parents are struggling to cope with all the demands of family, work and life.
- You love your family but you are struggling to stay on top of things. You strive to be the best parent you can be but often you feel like a complete failure. Nothing you are doing is working.
- Or maybe you are about to start a family or you have very young children. How do you avoid raising children who are spoilt, ill-mannered and unlikeable?
Raising a well adjusted child within a calm, happy, enjoyable family environment is something every parent longs for, but in this complicated modern world, that goal often feels unattainable. Parenting is supposed to be fun! Family life is supposed to be enjoyable! Unfortunately, for all too many parents, parenting has become a rather grim exercise in endurance.
Parenting wasn’t something our grandparents stressed about.
Think about it. Our grandparents’ generation managed to:
- Establish discipline with ease
- Be consistent so children understood the lessons they were trying to teach them
- Retain composure in all circumstances so their kids respected them
- Establish clear boundaries so their children could explore their world with confidence and trust
- Create an environment of warmth and laughter and learning
- Teach manners and values that stood their kids in good stead throughout life
- enjoy being a parent and have fun with your family!
Most of us struggle to do just one of those things effectively, let alone all! Wouldn’t it be lovely if we could raise our families with the same ease? Well, it is possible!
Read on to learn how to set boundaries in the same manner our grandparents did.